Mariolka
Reputacja: 1 | BluzgometrTM: 2022
Mariolka
  15 października 2013 (pierwszy post)

Hej
Mógłby ktoś sprawdzić, czy w tej pracy są błędy?
Z góry dziękuję za pomoc. :-)

‘Why is there knocking on the door so late tonight? It’s already past midnight. Strange. Who can it be?’ I thought to myself. Feeling a little apprehensive, I tip toed downstairs to the living room to the main front door. I did not notice anything amiss at all although I felt uneasy being at home alone. My parents were away on a business trip to Hong Kong. Whoever was knocking must have missed the door bell button and thus, must be a stranger. I peered into the door hole and there was not a soul to be seen. ‘Must be some prankster…’ I thought, heaving a sigh of mixed relief and annoyance. ‘What a nuisance!’ I turned to return to my late night supper and movie. All of a sudden, ‘Bang, bang, bang!’. Three hard knocks on the door startled me. I almost jumped out of my skin there on the staircase. Then I plucked up the courage to go and find out what was going on at my front door instead of being immobilised with fear. For the second time, I peeked through the door hole and again, I did not see anybody. I steeled myself to open the door to put an end to the suspense. As I was doing so, I heard suspicious voices coming from upstairs. Alarmed, I thought better to arm myself and took a baseball bat from the next room. My heart was in my mouth as I crept upstairs to where the voices are coming from. To my horror, I saw three masked figures with a large baggage in the midst of my parents’ messy, ransacked room. Frightened to see burglars in my own home, I scrammed out of the room instantly! I was sure that they had not noticed me so I decided to leave my thief invaded home for safety. Racing to the public phone booth, I called the police and my parents. I told them what I witnessed in a muffled frenzy. I waited for a short while before I saw five police cars driving down the road to my home. I followed anxiously and watched from a distance. Apparently, the burglars were leaving by a black van parked at the back lane of my corner terrace house. The police in ambush caught them unaware when they busted in on them. Shouts and gunfire exchanged by both sides in the dead of the night awoke the whole neighbourhood. Outnumbered by the dozens of policemen, the burglars struggled to escape but to no avail. I was at my wit’s end and did not know what to do in the chaos caused by the burglary. Our belongings were strewn all over the floor as the drawers and cupboards were turned out and cleared of the valuables. The burglars had ransacked my home and rummaged through our things when we were away. On retrospect, they probably knocked on the door downstairs to lure me away when they were on the second floor. Clearly, they had made plans to strike at the opportune time while my parents were away. Although my relatives came to accompany me as soon as they were informed of the mishap, I still had a vivid memory of the scary scenes and spent a sleepless night. My parents arrived the day after and were extremely upset at what they saw. After salvaging what they could, they assessed the loss and cleaned up the entire place with my relatives’ help. Finally, our stolen items were returned to us and everything was restored to original. In addition, my father improved our home security system by engaging the professionals to wire in trigger devices that would alert the security company and the police upon a break in. We wanted to be sure that such an unfortunate incident would never be repeated.

DorixP, Ayane, Czeska, own, Veos, Marjolka, Mariolka

Dyskusja na ten temat została zakończona lub też od 30 dni nikt nie brał udziału w dyskusji w tym wątku.