Enjooy
Enjooy
  21 października 2010 (pierwszy post)

There can be 'good' graffiti and there can be 'bad' graffiti.
It's not so much a discernment of the type of graffiti or 'art',
it's about the context in which it is done in and how the garffiti exists within the wider environment.

A scribbled on a park bench or a rear wall of someones house is not necessarily adding anything in terms of beauty to the area,
it is more akin to desecration of objects which have a set purpose of which to have paint on them wasn't one of their purposes.
Of course there are always exceptions to the rule.

But a graffiti piece in the right context, often with authorisation and consent,
and one which has a purpose within the wider environment can't necessarily be discounted.

Of course the argument can break down into what is graffiti and what is art etc etc,
but I think 'graffiti' as in 'street art' has a place and relevance.

I'm more for organised graffiti and giving individual artists their place, than for 'tagging' merely marking a wall or area,
just for the sake of it, without thinking of the wider artistic impact of the scribblings on the environment.
Always at the back of the mind must be the thought am I improving the environment in which I am leaving my mark?

Dyskusja na ten temat została zakończona lub też od 30 dni nikt nie brał udziału w dyskusji w tym wątku.